header

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Songs that Mean Love to Me {right now}

Betty Beguiles, a blog I occasionally see (mostly due to Mandi @ Catholic Newlywed), is doing a link-up for your love song playlist. I should be blogging about being 15 weeks pregnant (because #2 deserves the same pregnancy memories as #1), but because I recently found a new favorite song that is absolutely adorable and full of love, I must join in this link-up! I hope you will check out my songs below and also the other lists linked up! My list might be a little less traditional for 'love' songs, but it's songs that make me think of my husband, our past, our future, and our present.

So, my new favorite song is Josh Turner's Find Me A Baby. I don't think it's released yet, it's on his latest album. Here is a fan youtube video (song + lyrics). Seriously...I could listen to it all day. LOVE LOVE LOVE


Our Wedding Song: Heidi Newfield's Johnny & June (no they won't all be country...sorry, I'm not sorry for being a country fan!)



Third Eye Blind, The Background. I love the lyric, "the words they use so lightly, I only feel for you"

And I can't help but through another Josh Turner in the mix because his voice is amazing. His song, Time is Love -- so perfect for our life right now because my husband is so busy at work and the time we have together matters so much. It's on the radio, so you may have heard it before :-)

And some more country for you; Drunk on You by Luke Bryan. It's summer and love can be so much more playful in the summer!



I Miss You, by Incubus. This song was really important to me when we were dating and didn't live in the same town.

Canon in D ... walked down the aisle to this and it nearly brings me to tears every time I listen to it. In case you missed it, tears were streaming down my face as I walked the entire aisle & my dad even cried some! My aunt played the violin and our pianist, a family friend, played the piano...simple and amazing.

1 comment:

  1. These are really great songs! I love Incubus!!
    And congrats on your 15th week in pregnancy! Do you know what your having? Or wanting?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!