header

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A busy October and a lot of photos

Last October was super busy for us, moving cross country, buying our first house, and everything that goes with that....

I don't know how, but this October is even busier!

First of all, if you didn't know, I have a work from home part-time job with a super awesome organic food company. So that's about 12 hours a week plus events (of which I have two BIG events this month). I do grassroots marketing and it's pretty much the perfect job for me. I get to interact with moms like me, manage myself (yes, I do have a real manager, but day-to-day I'm fairly independent), use social media, find events and groups to have a vendor table at, and best of all...still be a SAHM.

Secondly, our half marathon is FINALLY here. It's next weekend. We've been training for 20 weeks (21 by race day) for this. That's half a pregnancy. A tad shy of half a year....you catch my drift. A long time to train for something. There's only been one injury scare and I'm hoping we both stay healthy through the race. The kids have gone along for many rids in the Chariot, though not longer than 6 miles because they get antsy. Training plus eating (mostly) clean has helped us both lose some weight. I was hoping to be about 5 pounds lighter by the race, but I'm close enough for me to be happy.

Third, family has been visiting us...which is my favorite. I love having them come see us. I love having a home to host in. I love having kids to share.

This season of life is pretty awesome right now....much more than last year at this time when I was stressed out, worried beyond words, and relying heavily on my faith. Currently, I thank God daily for my blessings and don't have too much to ask for....well, nothing really. I feel like I have it all....and that's scary because when will we go speeding down toward another life "valley" if you will... Life is like a roller coaster, I'm sure you're aware.

Randoms-
We are moving toward a substantially less-gluten diet...mostly at my husband's pushing. We'll never be GF though.
I am perfecting my time management skills. I think it's safe to say I am a full fledged momager now that this job is picking up. Cleaning / Cooking / Kid Activities / Mom Activities / Work ..... never ending cycle, and it's a good thing I don't need a lot of sleep (though I'd like it)
We've been to two pumpkin patches. I love fall. I've had 4 Pumpkin Spice Lattes-not clean I know. I've made clean pumpkin scones. Halloween is decorated for, and costumes are arranged (J was easy, since he's going as the same MU Tiger G did at his age).
We are going to a BYOB paint date next month & I'm sooooo looking forward to it.
My sister and I are going to Justin Timberlake's concert next month.... again, stoked.
I'm the co-president of my mom's group next year....love this bunch of ladies!
J and G are just getting along so well...and he's getting so big and she's getting so "old"
-I could write so many blogs about all the funny things that happen around here but there's not enough time in the day and I forget.... just trust me, life is never dull around here.

photo bombs below--



3 pumpkins tall

LOVE these things :-)

big girl on a big pumpkin
makes me laugh every day
"hanging thing" or zip line
can't tell you how much we love our Beco
sack slide with Grandma!
making pumpkin apple muffins
chariot riders
park fun
mean muggin' in the sun


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!