header

Monday, March 11, 2013

Egg Salad Recipe {#Lent #meatless}

My Friday Lent meal plan typically looks like this:

Fish (frozen), fries or mac and cheese, veggies

BORING! I know.

So then I pulled out my recipe book and was flipping through... I found egg salad and was totally like..."oh ya! I forgot about that!"

So I altered it beyond recognition and here's what I've got for you--- it's really good, not to mayo-ey and super full of protein.

Egg Salad Sandwiches


9 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into small chunks
to get perfect boiled eggs, lay eggs in the bottom of a pan, cover with cool water, put on stove on medium-high, heat until boiling, allow to boil one minute, remove from heat, cover pot with lid for 10 minutes, drain, remove eggs to bowl, fill bowl with cold water, refrigerate for 2 hours, drain, keep in refrigerator until needed
2 stalks of celery (organic is prefered), chopped small
2/3 cup mayo
1 tablespoon mustard
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
dill seasoning to taste (I love dill!)

combine in bowl, cover, refrigerate until needed
serve on toast
(I want to try these with bacon on top, but alas, that's not a Lent friendly Friday meal)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Pancakes and eggs for dinner is one of our favorite meatless options. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!