header

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Recipe: Noosa Wheat Bread in the breadmaker

 

Have I mentioned the bread maker I got for Christmas? I think I did. Anyways. I love it. Tons.

About two months after we got it, we bought some whole wheat bread and tried a few recipes. Then I altered one to include the most delectable thing one could ever eat. Noosa Yoghurt. I have told lots of people about Noosa, because it is Heaven on earth. Go buy some right now and get a spoon at the grocery store food court, plop yourself down in your car, and scarf the whole thing down. I dare you not to. It's not Greek yogurt, though we love that, and maybe you're a Chobani fan...that's cool, we like that too. But Noosa is creamier, richer, and just in a whole different ball park. It is dessert that you can get away with eating any time and attempting to call it healthy. I mean. It's not unhealthy, persay, but it isn't something you could eat all the time and not feel a teensy bit bad about. It isn't light at all, but it is real food. It's simple and good. Yum.



Okay, okay, onto the recipe!! This bread is also to die for. Like carbs? You're gonna love this bread.

Noosa Wheat Bread {for the breadmaker}


Ingredients for a 2 pound loaf


1 cup of milk plus 2 tablespoons - room temp
1 8 ounce container of Noosa Honey (minus a spoonful that you eat, seriously) - room temp
1 1/2 cups of bread flour
2 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of bread machine / fast rise yeast
2 tablespoons of butter

First, leave the dairy products out for about 20 minutes to warm up a bit to help the yeast. Then put them into the bread maker pan, top with the flour, sugar, salt. Make a little well in the middle of the dry ingredients as a nest for the yeast. Quarter the butter and place into each corner. Use the Whole Wheat setting on your machine and enjoy the glorious smell now radiating about your home. Fresh baked bread!
I have the ability to control loaf and temperature, so I select 2 lb loaf and light temperature for a bit of a softer crust. If you have those options, choose your preference.
 

1 comment:

  1. We make all of our bread and I am definitely going to have to try this recipe soon. I will have to see if I can find this yogurt since I have never heard of it, but the bread sounds delicious! I have never done bread with dairy in it since I have pretty much stuck to my bread machine's recipes. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!