Things accomplished while my parents were here:
- My husband and I went on a date--to see the Avengers.
- My mom and I went to two consignment shops--the best deal was a pair of capri's for G that cost $0.18, tax included. They look brand new and are from Kohl's.
- We heard NB's heartbeat and were reassured everything is going well with this pregnancy.
- I received a beautiful music box from Catholic Family Gifts to review--expect that up soon.
- I made awesome homemade mac and cheese with béchamel sauce.
- We took my parents to San Francisco and saw Chinatown (from the car), a foggy Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, and ate amazing seafood at Tarantino's.
- We went to Yosemite National Park, and only had a few major breakdowns from the baby. We saw the "Big Trees," some waterfalls, and beautiful scenery.
- We bought a pack and play for the NB, but G slept in it on our trip.
- I made the most amazing homemade ice cream--Cookies and Cream from Triple Double Oreos (not fat free anything).
- We went on a local outing to a Delta shortline and played with G. My husband fished a bit and caught (and released) a small fish.
- We celebrated Father's Day with two feasts and relaxing.
- My parents went on a walk with G around the block.
- My dad watched G several times, by himself ;-)
- My mom did too...and then they both watched her together when my husband and I went grocery shopping.
- G kept up with library story time and is getting really good at several of the actions that go with the songs they sing there.
- She still cries when I drop her off at the gym play center, but has been getting better about staying for an hour. I'm still jogging, and will probably decrease my speed here soon.
- We played cards, ate good food, saw pretty things, watched Sherlock Holmes 2, and talked about random things. Fun times were had by all.
While my parents were here, G got 2 new teeth--and started sleeping better after they cut through. She also went on her first picnic, and experienced many other firsts that I'll discuss in subsequent posts.
As for me and the pregnancy... I'm on the brink of the second trimester, and feel so odd about it. I am excited for the new baby, but also very nervous as to where he or she will be born. I want to be closer to family, but I don't know if that will happen by December. My husband loves his job and neither of us want him to loose it. If they want him to stay here through December...then we'll just figure out a way to have a baby here...but I hope they let us move back to Kansas before the baby is born. This is my number one stresser right now.
With regards to weaning... G shows minimal signs of getting close to self weaning from the final nursing session (before bed). Just recently she has started nursing for less time. I imagine my milk is changing and that's causing her to like it less. I plan to end breastfeeding her at the end of the month. It's a very bittersweet--almost all bitter--decision.
My husband and I both still think NB is a girl...I'd be pretty shocked if we find out we are having a boy. Yes, I plan to find out the sex this time. With G, we waited, and that was fun/exciting...but this time: I want to know. I actually wanted to know last time too, as I am a super-planner-personality-type, but my husband somehow convinced me it would be more fun to be surprised on Little Bear's birthday....and we were, and it was lovely...but this time around, I'm sticking to my 'finding out guns' because I want to be more prepared. Actually, I mostly want to know if I am right or not. ;-)