header

Monday, July 11, 2011

Sleep revisited

Dear G,
Just a quick letter to let you know about a frustration of mine lately. This does not take away from the fact that I love you so, so, so much! In fact, I could snuggle you all day...but you wouldn't like that because you are such an inquisitive little girl that you would rather be playing, squirming, wiggling, touch, tasting, looking, etc...
That's good though :)

What is frustrating me is the fact that your sleeping habits are getting crazy. I really don't know how else to explain it. Crazy. There's really no rhyme or reason to it, and at first I thought that you were just having an off day-two off days-a few off days...but it's been a while now and things are progressively getting crazier.

You used to (after we did the "sleep training") be able to put yourself to sleep pretty easily and you would go to sleep without crying almost all the time. Occasionally there would be a little fussing. You also had been sleeping through the night. That ended about a month ago, and I had accepted that. Then you started sleeping through the night about once a week. Your 3 naps were about an hour a piece and were generally easy. Then we went to Grandma's house and you slept through pretty much every night there. Your naps got off kilter but not too bad, I didn't think anyways.

After returning home, you screamed upon putting you in your crib and it took a miracle to get you to sleep for naps. The nights were still pretty decent though, until 3 nights ago. You took forever to fall asleep & you did a lot of seemingly unnecessary crying. We came to check on you every so often, and I thought maybe you were starving (growing?) so I fed you. That helped. Then the next night you were up at midnight!?!? You've never done that. Ever since you were about 8 weeks old, you at least slept until 1:30 am...the 12 am thing was weird. Then you were up again several times after that. Nothing seemed to be different though, and you haven't been acting sick or having a fever. Then the weirdest / craziest night ever: last night.

Because your naps were really short and there were only 2 yesterday, you were ready for bed around 6:15. I fed you and you fell asleep right away. Then at 6:30 you were awake! It took until 7:30 for you to fall back asleep, even after we tried to help you twice. Then you were back awake at 8! Then again at 10, 12, & 2. After that point, I don't know if you were up or not because I slept solidly from 2-6 am, when I heard you again. You never cried at those random wakings, just made noise.  Strangest thing...

I just wanted to let you know that if it was because of how hot it was, I understand & I'm sorry! We've got the AC on but it's soooo hot, it can't keep up!

Ps. The other day you sat up for over 10 minutes! (still using your arms/hands to hold yourself up)

PPS. edit: You took 3 pretty good naps today, so hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!