You're officially in the whole hand club!! So what if it's five months, not five years! We had a melancholy day overall (you hit your head and were pretty clingy-understandable), but took some cute pictures. None of them really show your best smiles, but they definitely show your firecracker personality. I also kept several hilarious out takes.
As a whole-hander:
- You weigh 14.6 lbs
- You are 27.3" tall
- You can sit up unassisted, especially if you use your hands to help hold yourself up, like that you can go for 10 minutes+ but with your arms up you can last around 1-2 minutes.
- You roll over to your belly ALL the time but don't roll the other way too much.
- You crawl in circles, although you are starting to get the "inch worm" movement. You get very frustrated that you can't go anywhere. You're working on it, but you're not quite strong enough yet.
- You hate diaper changes. You are a very squirmy baby (daddy calls you a wiggle worm) but diaper changes are the worst! You flail around more than ever. You used to wiggle during changes, but now that you are heavier and stronger, it's pretty ridiculous to change you.
- You like standing in your go pod, swinging, and being in the beco.
- You hate naps, but get very fussy without them. As in, very.fussy.
- You take 3 naps a day, typically 1 hour, 40 minutes, 40 minutes.
- You eat about 7 times a day.
- You sleep through the night about half the time, the other nights you wake between 3:30-4:30 am to eat...it's always random because we can do everything the same and on one night you'll wake up but another night you won't. Silly baby :)
- You LOVE, love, LOVE you're "Who hid the Honey?" board book. You're back up favorite toys are a blue octopus that plays music & a granimals crinkle book.
- You are very aware of your surroundings, including new babies now...at a recent playdate you tried to eat a baby's hand and pull his ear.
- I don't think you recognize your name yet, but you definitely know momma's voice from anything else.
- You are a ridiculously distracted eater.
The other morning I was sitting on the floor next to you eating my oatmeal. You were staring at me, so I talked to you, "Take the spoon, put it in the bowl, put it in my mouth, eat the oatmeal!" You thought this was captivating. So I did it several times & you caught on. I put the spoon in the bowl and then put it toward your mouth & you opened! Now, I realize this seems pointless because you put anything into your mouth, these days, but it was a different type of movement. It was like a baby bird waiting to be fed. When you put random things into your mouth it opens like an exploration, but this was definitely you knowing it was food. I thought it was pretty cool, but then when I didn't put any oatmeal in your mouth, you got every mad! Your daddy says I shouldn't tease you, so I won't be doing that again.
I can't believe that at the end of this month you will be half a year old!!
|cute out take|