header

Friday, February 10, 2012

Create online clipboards with Clipix

I love my laptop. It's an Apple from 2005. Yes, I am aware I need to get a new computer because this one is seriously ancient. It is slowly dying and I'm sad to say we won't be able to replace it with another Mac unless we get a sweet windfall.

My favorite feature of my MacBook is that it has sticky notes where I keep random thoughts and links from things I find online. But, my home screen is a disastrous mess--I seriously don't even know what my background picture is anymore.

Luckily I just heard about Clipix. I don't need to have a million sticky notes on my desktop anymore, I just use clipix to organize my online life! As a compulsive list maker, I actually think it's quite handy. Clipix is a free tool that attaches to your bookmark bar in whatever browser you use. While you go about your day online, simply click the Clip button when you are on a site that you want to remember. Clipix automatically saves the web address to any of the clipboards you have set up for your account--very easy to use.

You're able to keep your various clipboards private or public, and the settings can be different for each one. So, if you want to publicly share things you want for your birthday, but keep the ideas for a surprise family vacation a secret....you can! There is even an iPhone app so you can even take / clip pictures of things you see on the go. 

I really like using Clipix to clip all of the giveaways that I've entered so that I can return to the posts to submit my daily tweet bonus entries, or see who the winner is once it's ended. Clipping recipe pages is really easy--so it's also handy for menu planning. Another idea for Clipix is to use it while house or apartment hunting. Our lease is up soon, so I'm going to start clipping places we might want to live, so that they are all saved in one place for easy comparing.

Clipix

 

What will you use Clipix for??

To get started with organizing your online life, head over to clipix.com. You can log in with Facebook, Twitter, or an email account. 

 

Disclosure

Promoted Post
Visit Sponsor's Site

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea to clip all the giveaways you've entered!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!