header

Monday, February 06, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


The best thing we ate last week was breakfast yesterday. My husband made Taste of Home waffles. They were so amazing, but then he broke the news that they were nearly 1000 calories per waffle. Why is my favorite breakfast food sooooo bad for you! Another highlight was our homemade stuffed crust pizza. We used cheese sticks cut in half tucked into the crust perimeter--turned out great. Oh, and I almost forgot about the awesome oatmeal-raisin-chocolate chip cookies I made. I took half to my husband's work, but I kind of wish I hadn't because our half is already gone!

Here are our dinners this week--I'm most excited to go out for a nice dinner on Saturday :-)

Monday: Mexican Cornbread Casserole, as per a friend's idea last week
Tuesday: leftovers - taking a friend's family dinner (my chicken cordon bleu casserole)
Wednesday: Chicken Fried Rice, as per my husband's suggestion
Thursday: brats, beans, and either veggies or pasta
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: dinner out at a local steak/seafood place (thanks groupon)
Sunday: homemade pizza night

Thanks for checking out our meal plan this week. For more meals, see the link-up on OrgJunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to tell me how today's meal comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO good, thanks for the suggestion...my husband said it's his new favorite!
      I altered the recipe a bit to have more cornbread and used a little extra meat.

      Did yours just have extra beans and no meat?

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!