header

Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


So far so good on the food budget this month. I think I will end up going over, as per usual, but hopefully not too bad. Meal Planning is not an exact science, at least not in this household.

On Wednesday, I am taking a meal to a family from church who had a baby about a month ago. The Mothers of Young Children group at our church is amazing. Among many activities, they provide THREE separate homemade meals to moms who have recently given birth. Each mom in the group volunteers to cook for the new moms throughout the year. I've decided to bring my favorite meat loaf & sides, which is what we will eat too. Saturday is our Parish picnic--I'm so excited! Breakfasts this week are leftover biscuits and blueberry muffins, cereal as needed. Lunches are sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, and crackers/chips.

Sunday: Baked Chicken Chimichangas (I prefer baked chimi's), homemade refried beans, spanish rice
Monday: L/O what-my-husband-calls "goulash" (macaroni noodles, lots of tomatoes, tomato paste, ground beef, seasonings, mushrooms, cheese)
Tuesday: Nachos or taco salad
Wednesday: my best Meat Loaf, mashed potatoes, salad, brownies
Thursday: Leftover bar
Friday: Homemade Pizza &/or leftovers
Saturday: Our church is having a BBQ for the Parish Picnic - mom's night off <3

Linked to OrgJunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!