header

Thursday, September 15, 2011

My solution to SAHM rut & the "first day of school"

My daughter is almost 7 months old, and I left her with a non-family member for the first time this week. I had a glimpse of what the first day of school will really feel like. Thankfully, I didn't have time to linger, although I did give her a big hug and kiss her, and then bent down to kiss her head again for good measure.

my running shoes were missed
Our new gym is pretty nice, but the childcare facility is seriously the bee's knees. The have a separate infant area, a separate toddler area, and a variety of fun areas for the older kids. Certain ages even have the opportunity to participate in kid yoga, rock climbing, or kid Zumba. They have outdoor play areas, indoor mazes and a gym area, they also have educational game computers. It is as secure/safe as you can hope for, and the girls are always smiling. They clean the toys several times a day, and have a place to put chewed/slobbered on toys after that kid gets done with it...so that no other kid gets it until it's cleaned. I have to call in advance to reserve G a spot in the infant area, so that the 4-1 max ratio is maintained. They will feed her, but not change diapers--so they page/find you if your kid needs a new diaper. Other than that, it's like a nice "real" daycare. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but we all need a small break sometimes; mine just happens to come with a BONUS of exercising while I get said break.

I just had to share, I've been busting at the seams with excitement about being back to my gym-rat self! Find out if there is a gym with super great child care in your area.

Dear G,

Thank you for playing so good at the gym daycare this week. It makes me a better momma when I am able to have 'me' time. Now that we found a gym with a real daycare, instead of a 'gym' daycare, I can go workout and leave you to play! This means I end up going more often, because trying to go in the evening after daddy got home resulted in me going about twice a week. 
You seemed to LOVE it the first day. When I came to pick you up, you were smiling and giggling in the jumperoo. We don't have one of those, and I could tell you had found your current life calling. You absolutely adore bouncing! My little tigger. :-) The rest of the week has also gone smoothly.
I like that they maintain a 4-1 ratio, maximum, but each time you've been, it's even less than that. The girls that work there are clean, professional, and happy. I don't worry about you (only a little bit) while I am working out, so this is my "me" time and I am happy. Daddy is happy about it, too, because I am in a better mood overall. 
This is something that I hope gets passed on to you--working out is a healthy way to relieve stress, feel good about yourself, and boost your mood. Now, if only they could get you to sleep better! :-)
Love, 
Momma

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it fantastic when you can find a place where you can work out and have excellent daycare. I take both of my kids( almost 3, almost 6 months) a couple times a week. Gives me some me time and the kids love it and are taken care of so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked at a Y that provided childcare (ME!) for parents, though not to the extent of what you are saying. I wish I still lived in that area to take advantage of it. Sadly it isn't an option where I now live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from the blog hop and am now a new google follower.

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Good for you for going out and finding such a great place!


    Thanks for stopping by the Midweek Hopalong! Hope to see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this is Erin from Indiana Coupon Savings. Debs Dealz and I host a daily blog hop. I wanted to invite you to our Wack Wednesday Blog Hop. We have met a lot of new people and it is a great way to increase your followers. If you get a moment please stop by. thanks, www.indianacouponsavings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!