header

Friday, January 27, 2012

Seven Quick Takes Friday

--- 1 ---
I'll start with a prayer that is from yesterday's Small Steps for Catholic Moms page.
Don't let me look down, Lord, when I carry the cross you've chosen for me. Let me look up and whistle while I work!
---So HARD sometimes, but exactly what we need to do (especially me).

--- 2 ---
G is starting to look like a "big girl," despite not yet walking. I know everyone says that now is the time she begins to move from baby to toddler. Apparently, eleven to fifteen months is the "time of maturity." I guess after that she'll be a real toddler. It's crazy to me that I have such an old baby. Most days, I feel like I should still be toting around a baby who sleeps 75% of the time, nurses every 2 hours, and isn't mobile. I wonder if she will be eternally three months old in my mind?

Check out my post this week, with all of the fun 11 month old things G does!

--- 3 ---
Naturally, I have to share this too cute picture of baby G.
just love her toothy grin!



--- 4 ---
It seems that every week I post something about sickness in our house. Well....yet again we were struck with illness. Sunday night baby G threw up (twice), but we weren't sure why. When we both became deathly sick on Monday evening....we knew it was a stomach bug. Sadly, my in-laws had come into town for the day and they also got sick upon returning home. It was great for them to visit the baby, but had we known we were contagious with a gross bug, I think they would have steered clear. I don't remember being so sick in recent years. It was like a total body cleanse, and I literally lost 4.5 lbs in one night. TMI, but we only have one bathroom...ugh!

Silver lining: The worst part of our illness took place over night, so at least G was sleeping (and slept through the night).
Although, the next day was rough, as we were still feeling sick and sleep deprived. Thankfully, one of our friends brought us lots of Sprite, Gatorade, and 3 different kinds of crackers. God bless her! I'm back to my usual self, but my husband still gets bouts of "queasiness."

--- 5 ---
Guess what we are doing, while I type this post.... our taxes. WOOOOOOO. I always used to get excited about tax time because it meant a nice size deposit into our checking account. This year, however, we adjusted things to keep more of our money during the year. It is actually the way you should handle your money, too. If you have the government hold out more than you will owe, they get to use your money without paying you interest like a bank would. Adjust your W-4s so that you have only a little extra (to be safe) held out, and control more of your money during the year! Check out the IRS website for withholding calculators and other tools.
Sure it's not as fun to do your taxes, knowing you won't get a big refund, but it's a much smarter financial move.
ps. we are getting $100 back! "Cutting it close," my husband said.

--- 6 ---
some of the Tommee Tippee products
At the end of February I am going to be hosting a Babies First Birthday Blog Party to celebrate baby G's first birthday. This week, the last of my review/giveaway products arrived! If you are reading this, you are in luck: I'm giving you a sneak peak of the products before releasing the information on the BFBBP event page.
Sponsors are:

  • Londonware Etsy Shop (fleece diaper covers / leg warmers)
  • Thirsties Duo Diaper
  • Green Toys stacking cups
  • Happy Baby organic baby/toddler food
  • Tommee Tippee baby/toddler tableware

I'm so excited to offer five readers the opportunity to win great products in honor of baby G! I hope you'll come back to enter my giveaways :-)

--- 7 ---
I'm feeling very anti-bloggy lately, probably because I took last weekend off for my husband's birthday and then got sick. G's not been napping well, either, so my blog time is scarce. Thus, lack of inspiration and fatigue are weighing me down. I need some guest posters!
Do you use cloth diapers or cloth wipes? 
  • Do you have any tips or tricks to share with moms considering cloth diapers? 
  • What kind of wipe solution do you use? 
  • What's your wash routine like? 
  • What is your favorite type/brand of diaper?
Do you breastfeed?
  • Would you like to share a struggle or triumph you've had with nursing?
  • What's the most interesting place you've nursed?
  • How have you handled nursing in public?
  • What advice would you give to a pregnant mom who is hoping to breastfeed?
Do you have any body image thoughts you'd like to write about (especially regarding how you raise children with positive body images)?
Do you have any sleep training advice, or teething remedies to share?




Do you have another natural parenting topic you'd like to write about on Letters from Momma?


I'd love to have your thoughts on anything that fits in the above categories! If you are a blogger, your post on my blog would include a short bio and link to your site. Letters from Momma has 560+ followers. Your post would also be advertised on my social media sites. Please contact me if you are interested!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. We use cloth. My biggest advice would be just to jump into it. I wash them on laundry days and I am amazed at how much better my little man smells without all that plastic and chemicals wrapped around his bum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A teething tip: put pacifiers in the freezer for your munchkin to suck on while teething. I had a preemie and the only thing he was actually early to do was teethe so the teething rings were almost always too big for him. Pacifers, however, were the right size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!