header

Monday, August 08, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

So last week went okay. I followed my menu plan pretty well, especially for being the first week. I spent a little bit more than I had wanted on groceries, but I had a good deal left over. Breakfasts weren't planned well. We had left over muffins almost all week--score! On a secondary note, we watched Food Inc. this past week...and I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it all. I mean, I knew that the food industry was a mess and that most animals weren't naturally raised at all--but seeing it just reiterated all of this and made it even more real. I took a sociology of work class in college and it was one of my favorite soc classes. It's what opened my eyes to the cruelty food workers are subjected too. What does it do to them when their job is killing chickens all day long, over and over again? I mean, yes, chickens have to die if you're going to eat them, but how mundane and horrible is it that they are made to do only that task. I understand  the assembly line concept, but that doesn't mean I like it. Sorry for my rambles, like I said, I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about all of it. I don't want to be I can't be a vegetarian, but I certainly wish I had the money to eat only grass-fed beef and free-range chickens. I feel so angry that, like the movie said, it's cheaper to buy a McDonald's crappy hamburger than to buy a head of broccoli.

Monday breakfast: oatmeal
Monday lunch: sandwich
Monday dinner: leftovers galore
Tuesday breakfast: homemade banana bread
Tuesday lunch: sandwiches
Tuesday dinner: chicken & rice, salad
Wednesday breakfast: leftover banana bread
Wednesday lunch: leftovers
Wednesday dinner: Chicken Alfredo, bread & veggie
Thursday breakfast: leftover banana bread
Thursday lunch: sandwich
Thursday dinner: leftover
Friday breakfast: cereal / oatmeal
Friday lunch: sandwich / leftover
Friday dinner: homemade pizzas :-)
Saturday breakfast: biscuits, eggs, sausage
Saturday lunch: leftovers
Saturday dinner: chicken, mashed potatoes, veggie
Sunday breakfast: waffles!!!
Sunday lunch: leftover
Sunday dinner: pork, veggies, rice



See the link up at http://orgjunkie.com/2011/08/menu-plan-monday-aug-811.html
She also has great resources for meal planning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!