header

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Spinnin' Saturday Link-up: Third Eye Blind

Last week I had one submission, other than my own! This is progress :-) I hope more people get excited about this linky as time goes on...Music is always spinning in my head, and I just know there are others who want to share some tunes with the rest of us!

This week I found myself humming "Water Landing" by Third Eye Blind. Yes, that Third Eye Blind of "Semi-Charmed Life" and "Jumper" fame. They are still around (well, kind of). They've gone through a lot of line-up changes, where basically only the lead singer is the same. Their most recent album came out in 2009 and is overall fantastic.

A funny story about this song:
I was singing along to it for weeks without knowing the title of the song (otherwise this never would have happened). My husband and I were discussing it, and he said, "what do you think they are saying here?" I said: "I think it's World Un-ending." Husband: "I think it's Water Landing." Me: "I'll look it up...........yeah, I guess that's why the song is called 'Water Landing.'" I felt like an idiot, because 3EB has been my favorite band for years. My bad :-)

Here is the first verse:
When will I start to learn
I'm bleeding in this game
Cause she uses boys like bandages
But the wounds remain the same
And I hope you find it through this endless wandering
And I'm missing you for so long
You're a question mark and a scar
And you twist me up like a tourniquet
Til I don't know who we are
And I know chasing after you won't change a thing
And I hope you find it through this endless wandering
Change everything I know
But she won't let me come
She won't let me go
Third Eye Blind songs can often be interpreted in many ways, depending on the listener. I believe this song is about how it takes something really drastic to get this particular girl to actually admit her feelings and take a stance on the relationship (as in, not half-in, half-out).

While I am very secure and happy in my marriage, this song is a reminder that every day is a gift and shouldn't be taken for granted. You never know when your time will be up--enjoy each day!!! Oh, and it's really catchy ;-)

You can find a lot of youtube videos of this song performed live, but quality is lacking, so this link enables you to listen to the song via youtube, although there is no video.
Water Landing Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!