header

Sunday, October 16, 2011

10 Day YOU Challenge - Day 10


Today is the final day of my 10 Day YOU Challenge to share some personal tidbits about me.

I'm sharing ten secrets today...but I guess they aren't super secret, or else I wouldn't tell you!

1. The other day, while in Target, I glanced at the maternity section...wishing I were still pregnant because the options are less overwhelming and things are MADE to make you comfy. I miss that. I don't miss wearing maternity clothes, but I miss the way they made shopping for clothes more simple.

2. Sometimes I wish I were done nursing. I think I've wished that since day one, actually. I have a love/hate relationship with breastfeeding (As you'll find out in the coming weeks, as I plan to write more about my BF'ing experiences). Secretly, I am envious of moms who use formula. It's hard in its own way (cost, mixing, washing, sterilizing, etc...), but you don't have to worry about pumping, leaking, or being basically attached to your baby 24/7. I don't WANT to use formula, but I secretly wish I did sometimes. The grass isn't greener...I know. Plus, it IS healthier and better for the both of us.

3. I secretly (is it really secret anymore?) want to go back to college. I miss school and I miss a more care-free way of life. Oh, to be young, wild, and free. I wish my sister would enjoy her college days, because I would snatch them from her in an instant!

4. I eat dessert everyday. Yeah, everyday. I love it and I am actually happy about it. Everything in moderation!

5. I now weigh 157. Welp, there went that secret! Additionally, all of my prepregnancy clothes fit again. Alleluia.

6. I was the editor of my high school yearbook. Junior year = design editor; senior year = editor-in-chief. I'm a total yearbook nerd & proud. I love all things yearbook: pictures, layouts, quotes, stories, ads, you name it...I miss it (but not the stress!)

7. I have a temper. Is that a secret? I have lost my cool on several occasions, at inopportune times. I blame it on the fact that I am just a really, REALLY passionate person. If something is really important to me, and something/one messes it up...I may go off. I have been working on this. I do like to think my temper has improved substantially since becoming a mom...

8. Sometimes I use my spit to wash something off G's face. Yup, I'm that mom. I also wash her hands every time we come back from a playgroup or the gym daycare. I don't like her to be germy...unless it's my germs. She eats from my boobs...seriously.

9. I still secretly want to work. I want to earn money and feel like I am financially contributing to our family. Do I love being a SAHM? YES! I just need to figure out how to be a WAHM.

10. I've never done drugs. Ever. That's a 'secret' worth sharing, eh? I didn't even take the vicodin they gave me after knee surgeries...I hated the way it made me nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!