header

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Daddy successfully put baby to bed!

I have put G to sleep every night of her life, except July 4th. She was taken care of by my in-laws while we went to a baseball game to celebrate my parents' 25th anniversary.

Last night was the second time I've left G before bed time. It was also the first time daddy did bed time by himself, fed the baby, and put her to sleep. I was really nervous last night because I was worried she would associate him with me, and get frustrated I wasn't there to put her down. Luckily she went down very easy before I even got to the restaurant, so I was able to relax the whole evening. I love my husband for giving me the night off and calling to let me know she was asleep so I wasn't anxious. He said that he changed her, put her into pee-jees, fed her 5.5 ounces (I left 9--it's hard to gauge how much she eats from the breast!), and put her down very drowsy. She was out really quickly, without much crying at all. I'm proud of them both!

I think it is really important for mommas to take some time for themselves. You will be a much better mother if you feel like you get "me" time. I don't think me time is getting together with other moms to talk about your children....that's momma time. While being a momma is the biggest job in my life right now, it is not the ONLY thing to me. Last night, I felt like the woman I was before G was born, and it's so nice to know that still exists. I did my hair (kind of), I wore make up (forgot lipstick), and got dressed up (~ish). I ordered a Martini and held an adult conversation pretty well.



Although we are on a budget, I did splurged a bit last night---$23 (pre-tip). I think that is a great price to pay for a great dinner and drink at The Melting Pot. We got Wisconsin Trio Cheese Fondue (comes with bread, apples, and veggies to dip), I got a California Salad, Cory got a Caesar Salad, and then we finished with the special Dark Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Chocolate Fondue (comes with lots of desserts & fruit to dip).

I love staying home with my baby, and I don't want to be anything but her mom--but I do need to maintain my own identity besides G's momma. Life goes on after having a baby, and I'm finally at that place where I feel like I am living and not just surviving. So happy to be here :-)

5 comments:

  1. The Melting Pot is so yummy! And that is a really good deal - it can be so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time Brian watchs Leah she is always an angel for him and goes to bed super early, or sleeps in really late...It makes me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And whoohoo! It actually let me comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes it was yummy!
    and Kim, I know right!! Daddy's have it easy ;-)
    glad it finally let you comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! I have always wanted to try The Melting Pot and your pictures just convinced me, especially the dessert one. Yum! Glad you got to have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!