header

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday 5 - Gratitude w/linky

I still haven't made a button for this linky yet, maybe I'll have time for that this week (ha! yeah right...)

Here's what I'm thankful for this Sunday:


1. We made it through another mass without "needing" to go to the 'cry-room.' Alleluia! G was SUPER squirmy and babbled quietly through most of mass. There were a few times she got a little squealy, but we got her to calm down. It was only after the final blessing (but before the recessional was over) that she started really fussing/crying. I can tell you the gist of the readings, but only a little bit about the homily--it's hard wrangling a baby AND giving your full attention to the priest. I'm still thankful she behaved "pretty well," and that we are the kind of parents that will take their kid to mass every week. Hopefully she'll learn good mass behavior at a young age.

2. Clothes baskets! We haven't found a learning table for G that we can afford yet, so for now, our clothes basket is doubling as one.

3. Our friends' generosity. Specifically their awesome Halloween party for the kids yesterday! It was the best home Halloween party I've ever seen.
Games: Candy Toss, Halloween Bowling
Food: puppy chow, "monster fingers," cinnamon rolls, rotel/chips, cheese/sausage/crackers, party mix, pumpkin loaf, "mummy" dogs, bread/marinara, cookies, apple cider, adult libations, water/soda
Activities: cookie decorating station, Halloween craft station
She also had super cute decorations! I could go on and on about how nice they are to us, but she might read this and get embarrassed with my gushing over how sweet she is. G went as a MU Tiger (and they won yesterday!!)






















4. A weekend at home. We did quite a bit of traveling/visiting this month, and it was nice to have a weekend to ourselves (and bonus, my husband didn't have to work Saturday)!

5. Pumpkins. They are so festive and fun to look at at...but mainly I am thankful for all things pumpkin to EAT. I made my first pumpkin pie of the year this weekend--YUM! I'm also looking forward to making some pumpkin cookies soon--I'll share my recipe for them, so get excited!

Please feel free to write your own blog post about 5 things you are grateful for this Sunday and link it up here!




get the code to share the linky on your blog post too

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me to be every thankful for the blessings in my life. Here is my Sunday 5
    http://organicpatchwork.blogspot.com/2011/10/gratitude-sunday-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Have a great day!